Find a Car Recycler/ATF
Do you supply new or used cars or light commercial vehicles, previously un-registered, to drivers in the Republic of Ireland?
If so, you have obligations under the ELV Regulations. ELVES is accepting membership applications from undertakings that manufacture (new) and/ or supply (used) specified vehicles (M1 & N1) to the first consumer (the first title holder or driver of the vehicle) in the State.
Why Join ELVES?
- ELVES is your easy and cost effective compliance option.
- Registering with ELVES means that you do not have to register with the local authorities - saving you time and money.
- ELVES has a network of ATFs that will cover your compliance.
- By joining ELVES you are compliant with the ELV Regulations.
- You get on with the business of selling vehicles.
How to Join ELVES
Please contact Pat Kierans on firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more, or you can download the Dealer Application Form here:
Application Form for New ELVES Members:
2023 ELVES Motor Dealer Application Form - New Members
If you are an existing ELVES member and you need to renew your membership, complete this form:
2023 ELVES Motor Dealer Application Form - Existing Members
I’ve Completed an Application Form, What Happens Now?
1. Send your completed Application Form into ELVES.
2. If required ELVES may request confirmation from your accountant/auditor that the figures provided in your Application are correct.
3. A fee assessment will be made by ELVES based on your application and any supporting documentation requested. A request for payment will then be issued by ELVES. Our minimum fee amount is €100 plus VAT.
4. Once you have paid, you will become a member of ELVES. Your details will be added to our website as a member - https://www.elves.ie/en/for-motor-dealers/current-members - and you will receive a certificate in the post.
Back fees will accrue for non-compliant, obligated undertakings joining after 2017 and are non-negotiable. Back fees will not apply for any period where self compliance with the Regulations can be proven.
Under the ELV Regulations importers of vehicles can either join ELVES or self comply under the ELV Regulations. To find out more about self-compliance click here.