Find a Car Recycler/ATF
If you have any questions regarding the Agreement, you should contact email@example.com.
Our Site is operated by ELV Environmental Services CLG. References to 'we', 'us' or 'ELVES' are to ELV Environmental Services CLG, a company limited by guarantee with a registered address at 40 Upper Mount Street, Dublin 2, registered company number 541351.
References to “you” or “your” shall refer to the users of our Site and portals.
Definitions Used in this Agreement
End-of-Life Vehicle (ELV) means a vehicle which is discarded or is to be discarded by its registered owner, as waste. Vehicles covered by this definition in this Agreement are designated as a “specified vehicle" in accordance with the ELV Regulations and are limited to:
- Passenger cars (M1) – these are vehicles designed and constructed for the carriage of passengers and comprising no more than eight seats in addition to the driver’s seat.; and
- Light commercial vehicles (N1) – these are vehicles designed and constructed for the carriage of goods and having a maximum mass not exceeding 3.5 tonnes.
Throughout this Site and any associated ELVES documentation, to aid public understanding, the term “End-of-Life Vehicle” is used interchangeably with the terms “ELV”, "scrap car" or "scrap van".
ELV Regulations means the European Union (End of Life Vehicles) Regulations S.I. No. 281 of 2014, as amended from time to time.
Vehicle Recyclermeans an Authorised Treatment Facility (ATF), which is a facility at which the collection and the storage and the appropriate treatment and recovery of vehicles may take place. An ATF in Ireland is required to have the appropriate waste permits/licences issued by its Local Authority or the Environmental Protection Agency to accept ELVs for depollution, dismantling and recycling.
General Terms and Conditions
1. ELVES reserves the right at all times to vary, change, alter, amend, add to or remove any of this Agreement. By browsing the Site you accept that you are bound by the Agreement currently on our Site and notices and we therefore recommend that you check these each time you revisit the Site.
2. The Agreement shall be construed, governed and interpreted in accordance with Irish law. The courts of Ireland shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any claim, dispute or other matters arising therefrom. For the exclusive benefit of ELVES, ELVES shall retain the right to bring proceedings in the Courts of the country of residence of any user of the Site.
3. The rights and remedies contained in this Agreement are cumulative and not exclusive of rights or remedies provided by law.
4. You agree that the content of the Site is for general information only and does not constitute any form of advice or recommendation upon which a specific decision should be made. It does not constitute legal or commercial advice and is not intended to be used for legal purposes.
5. ELVES has done its best to ensure the accuracy and currency of the materials or information contained on this Site but excludes any warranty (express or implied) as to quality, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, fitness for a particular purpose of the material or information contained on this Site, or that any such content is up to date.
6. We may update our Site from time to time, and may change the content at any time.
7. However, please note that any of the content on our Site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update it. We do not guarantee that our Site, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions.
8. Our Site is made available free of charge. We do not guarantee that our Site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to our Site is permitted on a temporary basis and it at the user's sole risk. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our Site without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our Site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
Website Privacy Statement
Copyright, Trademarks and Distribution of Information
11. 'ELVES' and the ELVES logo are registered trade marks in Ireland. All copyright and other intellectual property rights in any material contained on this Site is either owned by ELVES or has been licensed to ELVES. The Site contains other trade marks, including the brands which belong to ELVES or have been licensed to ELVES by the trade mark owner or licensor for use on the Site. Use of these trade marks is forbidden unless prior written permission has been obtained from the owner or licensor of the trade mark.
12. The user may access any part of the Site and download or copy material (by printing off individual pages on to paper) or download material onto disc (but not on to any server or other device connected to a network) for personal, non-commercial use only. The intellectual property rights in such material shall be retained by ELVES or where the material has been licensed to ELVES, by the rights owners of the material.
13. The information posted on this Site is not for publication in any other media and in the event that you wish to publish extracts from this Site you may not do so without our prior written consent.
14. Links to the Site are not permitted other than to the home page except with our prior written permission. Links to the Site from within a frameset definition are not permitted except with our prior written permission.
15. You may not remove any copyright, trade mark or intellectual property notices contained in the original material from any material downloaded or copied from the Site.
16. Copying, distributing or any use of the materials contained on the Site for any commercial purpose is prohibited, without obtaining a licence or written permission to do so from us and/or our licensors.
17. You may not create a database by systematically downloading any part(s) of the Site.
Limitation of our Liability
18. Nothing in this Agreement excludes or limits our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, or our fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or any other liability that cannot be excluded or limited by Irish law.
19. To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to our Site or any content on it, whether express or implied.
20. We will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
20.1.1. use of, or inability to use, our Site; or
20.1.2. use of or reliance on any content displayed on our Site.
20.1.3. loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
20.1.4. business interruption;
20.1.5. loss of anticipated savings;
20.1.6. loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
20.1.7. any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
21. Please note that we only provide our Site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our Site for any commercial or business purposes without prior written consent, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity. To the extent permitted by law in no event shall ELVES be liable to you for indirect, special, incidental, punitive or consequential losses or damages (including loss of profits, economic loss, loss of revenue or goodwill) arising as a result of use of this Site or any transaction made in reliance on the information contained in this Site.
Links from our Site
22. We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our Site or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
23. Where our Site contains links to other websites and resources provided by our partners or other third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those websites or resources. If you link to any such websites you leave our Site and do so entirely at your own risk. We do not monitor or review the content of websites linked from this Site or those that may include links to this Site, or for any third party material which is or can be accessed through this Site or which appears on this Site. ELVES accepts no responsibility for the content of these websites or such third party materials and does not give or enter into any conditions, warranties or other terms or representations (express or implied) in relation to any of these websites or materials and specifically excludes to the fullest extent permitted by law all liability that may arise whether direct, indirect or consequential with respect to or as a result of such material causing damage, costs, injury or financial loss of any kind.
24. We do not guarantee that our Site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses. You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access our Site. You should use your own virus protection software.
Contact from Us
25. In respect of your use of the Site, we may need to communicate with you via email or the other details that you have submitted to us. You agree to receive emails which are for the normal functioning of the Site, including emails which help inform users about functionality of the Site.
26. A failure to exercise or delay in exercising a right or remedy provided by this Agreement or by law does not constitute a waiver of the right or remedy or a waiver of other rights or remedies. No single or partial exercise of a right or remedy provided by this Agreement or by law prevents further exercise of that right or remedy or the exercise of another right or remedy.
27. In the event that any clause or any part of any clause in this Agreement is declared invalid or unenforceable, by the judgment or decree by consent or otherwise of a court of competent jurisdiction from whose decision no appeal is or can be taken, all other provisions contained in this agreement shall remain in full force and effect and shall not be affected by such finding for the term of this Agreement.
Assignment and Entire Agreement
28. We may assign or subcontract any or all of our rights and obligations of our Agreement with you to a third party at any time, at our discretion. You may not, without our prior written consent, assign or dispose of any of your rights or obligations arising under this Agreement.
Your Concerns and Complaints
30. If you have any concerns about material which appears on our Site, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact us by post addressed to ELVES, Unit 15-4, Mayoralty Street, Drogheda, Co. Louth.